About Our Nursery
Welcome to Westerham Day Nursery & Pre School where we are dedicated to the care of children and where each child is respected and treated as an individual. Through a blend of highly qualified, committed, experienced and enthusiastic staff we have created a safe, fun and stimulating environment where your child can play and learn. If you would like more information on our nursery in Kent please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Aims and Objectives
- To enhance the development and education of your child by extending their knowledge and understanding and by developing their creative skills and ideas.
- To develop your child’s social skills; by encouraging sharing, caring and interaction with others.
- To encourage positive behaviour; by working within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
- To provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment and quality early years’ care and education; by ongoing evaluation and assessment of activities and routines and by attending regular training events to support and enhance qualifications already acquired.
- To help prepare your child for their transition to school; by working with you, schools and other professionals.
We hold a long standing philosophy of promoting children’s early learning through play. This philosophy values the importance of early play opportunities where children can explore, be creative and imaginative and active in their learning. This view is supported within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) where it promotes the importance of these play experiences in order to build a solid foundation for future learning and development of each individual child.
We feel strongly that children’s involvement in their play leads to high levels of well-being. Within the nursery this is supported by qualified and experienced Early Years Educators who work closely with each child to support and extend their learning and development.